Thursday, November 22, 2012

Why I Love YA...

Dear YA,

I know that we've been close for a while now, but I've never really taken the time to let you know how much I appreciate you. Tis the season of giving thanks, so I've decided to write this letter telling you how much you mean to me.

You've been a constant companion through thick and thin, AP tests and SATs. You're one of the biggest comforts I look forward to when I get home from school.... although there was that *one* time you distracted me (big time!) from focusing on my homework/project/studying/college applications....

A lot of people think that all you are is paranormal romance with an extra helping of cheese and friskiness, but I know that you can be deep, well-written, and beautiful. You've introduced me to amazing writers like John Green and Melina Marchetta, amazing characters like Percy Jackson, Rose Hathaway, Will Herondale, Katy Swartz, and so many others I can't even name!

You've taught me about family and friendship and romance and tough issues. You've taken me on amazing adventures from Paris to Prague to everywhere in the states. And let's not forget Olympus, Hades, Skuldenore, Idris, and the Graceling realm.

Being a teenager is tough, what with all the hormones and junk, and you've made it all easier by offering me an escape and testimonies telling me that I'm not alone. Who knows where we'll be in 5, 10 years, but know that you have a special place in my heart and you'll always be in my life, no matter how old I am.




                                                                                                                 Love,
                                                                                                                  Joie    


In the spirit of giving thanks, I decided to write this post talking about why I love YA and why I'm thankful for it. Beth Revis is sharing the YA love on her website with a fabulous giveaway right now! So if you love books--YA books--go check it out!




7 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you've wrote Joie! :) I love it :) You've wrote it beautifully ;) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN TO THAT! Young Adult is opened up a whole entire realm I didn't even know about - Books! I used to hate reading, but now... such a thing is blasphemy to me lol! PS - Baby hercules and pegasus are sooo cute!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  3. **Correction: Young Adult has...*** LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post Joie!! I am we'll out if my teenage years but still love YA books. :)

    Not sure if you had a chance to see my FF this week? You may want to check it out, I think you will like it.

    My Feature & Follow Friday

    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww great letter! I think everyone should be thankful for YA, from old to young!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I love hearing what people love about YA. Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they always make my day! <3

*Sorry, this is now an awards-free blog as I've already been nominated for them. Thanks for your consideration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...